Dissolve the potassium edetate in the 200 ml distilled water
then, for use
For use, pipette 0.04 ml of this solution into small containers marked to hold 2.5ml of blood. Allow the anticoagulant to dry by leaving the containers overnight on a warm bench or in an incubator at 37 °C.
Ammonium oxalate (NH4)2C2O4·H2O) 1.2 g
Potassium oxalate (K2C2O4·H2O) 0.8 g
Distilled water q.s. 100ml
1) Dissolve the two salts in 50 ml of distilled water in a 100-ml volumetric flask.
2) Make up the volume to 100 ml with distilled water.
3) Label the volumetric flask “WINTROBE SOLUTION” and write the date.
4) Put 0.5 ml of this mixture in each 5-ml bottle used for the collection of blood.
5) Leave the open bottles to dry at room temperature or, preferably, place them in an incubator at 37 °C.